Founded in 2015, the TCNJ Griffins are mentors for all incoming new transfer students! In addition to working all transition programs (Winter Welcome Days, Transfer Orientation and Welcome Week), the Griffins meet and communicate regularly with their groups throughout the semester and act as a resource for questions and concerns. Former transfer students themselves, this student group exhibits the highest degree of enthusiasm, professionalism, dedication, empathy, integrity and pride.
Griffins are hired in the spring semester to serve one academic year (August-May). This is a paid position through the Career Center’s Student Employment program. For more information on the application and deadlines, please click here.
Duties will include:
- Attend ALL portions of staff training prior to transition programs. Applicants must be available to move back several days prior to the beginning of each semester for training.
- Attend required training from the Office of Anti-Violence Initiatives and TCNJ’s Title IX Coordinator.
- Arrive on-time (five minutes early!) and prepared to participate in all training sessions.
- Work all three programs organized by the Office of Student Transitions: Transfer Orientation (June), Welcome Week (August) and Winter Welcome Days (January).
- Assist with registration, move-in, various sessions and other event logistics as assigned.
- Coordinate social and team building activities.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse group of TCNJ faculty and staff.
- Display excellent customer service, professionalism and enthusiasm when interacting with new students and families.
- Plan, market and execute 3-4 events throughout the semester to help new students continue their transition to the College.
- Create weekly emails notifying group of upcoming events, deadlines and other important information.
- Facilitate small group discussions and/or individual conversations to address questions and concerns.
- Serve as a positive role model and interact with fellow Griffins, professional staff and students authentically, truthfully and honestly.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings.
Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Student Transitions.